The Sonoj Convention is a yearly event in Cologne (Germany) about music production with open source software. It features demonstrations, talks and hands-on workshops as well as a creative composition or production challenge. Read more about the event at the main page.
Let's see if we can raise enough funds for the convention in just a week!
Tell me how!
Great! There are two ways to help, besides visiting the event in person and donating in cash.
Bank Transfer (preferred)
To Nils Hilbricht / Sonoj Convention IBAN: DE34500105175557832057 BIC: INGDDEFFXXX
Paypal (1.5% lost)
Use our Paypal E-Mail firstname.lastname@example.org or this:
Why it would be good if you supported the Sonoj Convention
Even if you don't attend personally you should consider supporting the Sonoj Convention by making a donation.
A successful Sonoj Convention greatly benefits everyone:
- Creating and archiving knowledge: Valuable information, tips and tricks will be presented, discussed and recorded for anyone to watch and learn.
- A moral boost for musicians and developers alike.
- "Deadline" character: Incentive to finally finish a piece of music before the event date, release new software or work on that tutorial video...
- Non-Profit: We only ask for the bare minimum to run the event (see below)
- Indepdence: We organize a community and user oriented event without the influence of corporate sponsors. Companies may also donate, but they will remain anonymous.
What is the money used for?
The Sonoj Convention is organized by volunteers. But we still have expenses. 2017 in descending order:
- Venue (Electricity, Water, Internet for visitors)
- Display and Decoration (Banner, Flyer etc.)
- Logistics and Local Travel for speakers
- Website and Server
- Small items like "free" coffee for visitors, name tags etc.